Native Jetty Bridge, Karachi. In the background is Qamar House (Now EFU Building) and
Entrance to Kharadar in the 1960s
Boulton Market Karachi in the 1940s. Built in 1800s it is one of the oldest markets in Karachi.
British Union Jack Club 1930 This building is now Services Mess across from Hotel Metropole on Mereweather Road. Photo courtesy of Raza Ahmad Rumi.
On the Northwest corner is Khyber Hotel. Onthe Northeast corner (not seen here) is the Singer Sewing Machine store. This is the corner of Garden Road and Preedy Street. (Now Shahrah-e-Liaquat), near Saddar, Karachi. Manual cycle rickshaws and old tram tracks seen as the tram turned west towards Boulton Market and Soldier Bazar.
PIDC Building still exists. Palace Hotel gave way to Sheraton Hotel and now Moven Pick Hotel. On the other corner Intercontinental Hotel was built, now running as Pearl Continental by Hashoo Group. The road was Queens Road, now Maulvi Tameezuddin road leading to Chinna Creek to the south.