On 26th February 1948, The 2nd Batallion Black Watch paraded through Karachi, embarked the troopship Empire Halladle and left for good. They were based at Malir. Their commanding officer then was Lt-col Neville Blair.
The Battalion was led by its pipers in full ceremonial dress. A convoy of trucks took them from Malir to the assembly point in St Catherine’s School. From there they marched through Empress Market and Elphinstone Street up to the Governor House. They paraded for a Royal Salute to Mr Jinnah before proceeding to the docks to board Empire Halladle. They were the last British Army colours to leave Pakistan.